Welcome to the Kitu Life, Inc. (“Kitu Life”) website at http://www.KituLife.com (the “Site”). These Terms and Conditions of Service (this “Agreement”) apply to those who visit and use the Site (such users, collectively or individually “Users”) and to all services provided by Kitu Life in connection with the Site (such services together with the Site, the “Services”) including without limitation our subscription dog food service.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AS IT (AMONG OTHER THINGS) PROVIDES IN SECTION 24 THAT YOU AND KITU LIFE WILL ARBITRATE CERTAIN CLAIMS INSTEAD OF GOING TO COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING CLASS ACTION CLAIMS AGAINST KITU LIFE, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
BEFORE VIEWING OR BROWSING THE SITE OR USING THE SERVICES, PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY COMPLETING A PURCHASE ON KITU LIFE.COM YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY ASPECT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT COMPLETE A PURCHASE.
Note for Children. Use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. Additionally, the Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
Modification. We may make modifications, deletions and/or additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) at any time. Changes will be effective: (i) thirty (30) days after we provide notice of the Changes, whether such notice is provided through the Service user interface, is sent to the e-mail address associated with your account or otherwise; or (ii) when you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the Changes or a version of this Agreement incorporating the Changes, whichever comes first.
Monthly Delivery. As a subscribed Kitu Life member, at the intervals specified in your selected subscription plan, we will ship you a package with the meals specified in your selected subscription plan (“Products”). BY SUBSCRIBING YOU AGREE TO PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION FEE APPLICABLE TO YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN.
- Billing and Payments.
- The price of the Services and/or Products is payable in full before delivery. When you first sign up for a subscription to a Kitu Life subscription plan (a “Plan”), you are charged only for the first delivery of the Plan at the time of your Plan selection. All Plans are continuous AUTORENEWING subscription plans, and you will be charged the applicable price listed for the Plan that you select on a weekly, biweekly (every two week), or monthly basis, based on your plan until your subscription is cancelled. If you wish to pause, cancel or modify your subscription to a Plan, you can do so at any time as described in Section 6.4; however, except as noted otherwise below, any amounts charged to or paid by you prior to such pause or cancellation will not be refunded, and pauses or cancellations may not impact any order for which you have already been charged, depending on the state of the order.. You authorize us to continue billing the credit card on file weekly during the term of your subscription plan until and unless the subscription plan ends or is paused or cancelled in accordance with the foregoing guidelines and policies. It is your responsibility to keep your payment method up-to-date, as well as to cancel your membership as described in the password-protected member account management area should you wish to discontinue your weekly purchase of Products.
- We may change the price of a Plan, introduce new Plans, or remove Plans from time to time, and will communicate any price or Plan changes to you in advance in accordance with Section 19 of this Agreement. Price and Plan changes will take effect as of the next billing period following the date on which we provided notice to you of the price or Plan change. By continuing to use Kitu Life after the effective date of a price or Plan change, you indicate your acceptance of such price or Plan change. If you do not agree with a price or Plan change, you have the right to reject the change by canceling your subscription(s) prior to the effective date of the price or Plan change. Please make sure you read any notifications of price or Plan changes carefully.
PAUSE/CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION. FOLLOWING YOUR PLAN SELECTION AND PLACEMENT AND RECEIPT OF YOUR FIRST WEEKLY ORDER, YOU MAY PAUSE OR CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION TO A PLAN AT ANY TIME ONLINE BY MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT AT ON THE SITE, OR BY EMAILING US AT PETCARE@KITU LIFE.COM. PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT ANY AMOUNTS CHARGED TO OR PAID BY YOU PRIOR TO SUCH PAUSE OR CANCELLATION WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, AND A PAUSE OR CANCELLATION MAY NOT IMPACT ANY ACTIVE ORDER FOR WHICH YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHARGED, DEPENDING ON THE STATUS OF THE ORDER. ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES AND POLICIES FOR PAUSING OR CANCELLATION OF THE SERVICES AVAILABLE IN THE PASSWORD-PROTECTED MEMBER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AREA AT HTTP://WWW.KITULIFE.COM/USERS/SIGN_IN.
TO AVOID BEING CHARGED FOR PLACED ORDERS THAT YOU NO LONGER WISH TO RECEIVE IN THE EVENT OF A SUBSCRIPTION PAUSE, YOU MUST PAUSE PRIOR TO THE DATE WHEN YOU ARE TO BE CHARGED FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER, WHICH IS EMAILED TO YOU AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE CARD BEING CHARGED. THE CHARGE IS TYPICALLY 4-5 DAYS BEFORE YOUR EXPECTED DELIVERY, DEPENDING ON YOUR SPECIFIED DEADLINE, BUT CAN VARY DEPENDING ON SHIPPING LENGTH AND OTHER FACTORS.
IF YOU CANCEL A SUBSCRIPTION TO A PLAN BEFORE RECEIVING YOUR FIRST ORDER, YOUR FIRST ORDER MAY OR MAY NOT BE CANCELLED AND RELATED AMOUNTS PAID MAY OR MAY NOT BE REFUNDED TO YOU, DEPENDING ON FACTORS INCLUDING THE STATE OF YOUR ORDERS IN OUR PRODUCTION PROCESS, AND ANY PROMOTIONS APPLIED. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF ANY OF YOUR CHARGED ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED, OR IF YOU WILL STILL RECEIVE THE ORDER AFTER CANCELLATION.
Shipping and Risk of Loss; Taxes. Unless otherwise indicated at the time of your purchase, shipping and handling fees are included with your order. Shipping dates and/or arrival times are only estimates. You must notify Kitu Life within 30 days of the date of your purchase if you believe all or part of your order is missing or damaged. Replacement of Products and credits to your account for shipped Products claimed as not received are subject to our investigation, which may include postal-service notification. We will adjust your account at our discretion. Repeated claims of undelivered Products may result in the cancellation of your membership. You may be charged, and are solely responsible for, applicable local and state sales tax, if applicable.
Returns and Exchanges. As the Products are perishable food items, Products may not be returned or exchanged. If you have concerns or problems with the Products you receive, please contact us at info@Kitu Life.com or via the contact area on the Site at https://www.KituLife.com/contacts and we will attempt to resolve the issue. Kitu Life shall not issue any refunds for the Products or Services except at its sole discretion.
International Access. The Site may be accessed from countries other than the United States. However, the Products and Services are only available for sale within the United States and U.S. territories. If you access and use this Site outside the United States you are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations.
Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions. Occasionally there may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Services are owned and operated by Kitu Life. The content, visual interfaces, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, services, and all other elements of the Services that are provided by Kitu Life ("Kitu Life Materials") are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. All Kitu Life Materials contained on the Site are the copyrighted property of Kitu Life or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Kitu Life or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Kitu Life, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Kitu Life Materials.
Third Party Sites. The Services may include advertisements or other links that allow you to access web sites or other online services that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that Kitu Life is not responsible and shall have no liability for the content of such third party sites and services, products or services made available through them, or your use of or interaction with them.
- Third-Party Services. The Services may include features or functionality that interoperate with online services operated by third parties (such services, “Third-Party Services”), pursuant to agreements between Kitu Life and the operators of such Third-Party Services (such agreements, “Third-Party Agreements” and such operators, “Operators”) or through application programming interfaces or other means of interoperability made generally available by the Operators (“Third-Party APIs”) which Kitu Life does not control. Third-Party Agreements and Third-Party APIs (and the policies, terms and rules applicable to Third-Party APIs) may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time. Kitu Life shall have no liability with respect to any such modification, suspension or termination. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Services in connection with any Third-Party Service complies with all agreements, policies, terms and rules applicable to such Third-Party Service.
- Prohibited Uses.
- As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. Access to the Kitu Life Materials or the Services from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. Kitu Life Users are responsible for complying with all local rules, laws, and regulations including, without limitation, rules about intellectual property rights, the internet, technology, data, email, or privacy.
- Any use of any of the Kitu Life Materials other than for private, non-commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- You may not use the Services in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, or impair them or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services. You may not intentionally interfere with or damage the operation of the Services or any User’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, or other malicious code. You may not remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Services, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content accessible through the Services, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or any part of them, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, or any part of them, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services. You agree neither to modify the Services in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Services, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Services.
- The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, crawler or other automated means to access the Services for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services.
- You may not utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Kitu Life Materials without our express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Kitu Life’s name or trademarks without our express written consent.
- You may not deep-link to the Services and will promptly remove any links that Kitu Life finds objectionable in its sole discretion. You may not use any Kitu Life logos, graphics, or trademarks as part of the link without our express written consent.
- You may not send junk mail to other Users, including, but not limited to unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures.
User Communications. Under this Agreement, you consent to receive communications from Kitu Life electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Ownership of Feedback. Kitu Life alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Services and any reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You are not required to provide any Feedback to Kitu Life. To the extent you do provide any Feedback to Kitu Life, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to Kitu Life all right, title and interest in and to such Feedback and agree that Kitu Life may freely utilize such Feedback without compensation to you.
Availability of Services. Kitu Life may make changes to or discontinue any of the media, contests, products, or services available within the Services at any time, and without notice. The media, products, or services on the Services may be out of date, and Kitu Life makes no commitment to update these materials on the Services.
- Notice. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices shall be served on Kitu Life’s national registered agent or to the email address you provide to Kitu Life during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration or purchase process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
- Violations; Termination. You agree that Kitu Life, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate any member or customer account (or any part thereof) you may have at the Services or your use of the Services, at any time. Kitu Life may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Services, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services or any account you may have or portion thereof may be effected without prior notice, and you agree that Kitu Life shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Kitu Life does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Services, and reserves the right to terminate access to the Services, and remove all content submitted, by any persons who are found to be repeat infringers. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of the Services may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies Kitu Life may have at law or in equity. You agree that Kitu Life shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Sections 6 (with respect to payment obligations accruing prior to such termination or expiration), 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17 and 19 through and including 25 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING IF THE PRODUCTS ARE SUITABLE FOR USE OR CONSUMPTION BY YOUR DOG. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY ASSURANCES REGARDING ALLERGIES OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY MEDICATIONS. THE SERVICES AND ANY THIRD-PARTY, MEDIA, SOFTWARE, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, KITU LIFE, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
KITU LIFE, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS, DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FEATURES CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
KITU LIFE, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS, DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT KITU LIFE NOR ITS SUPPLIERS AND PARTNERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MEDIA, MATERIAL, OR OTHER DATA THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- Indemnification; Hold Harmless. You agree to indemnify and hold Kitu Life, and its affiliated companies, and its suppliers and partners, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including attorney’s fees, arising out of your use or misuse of the Services, violation of this Agreement, violation of the rights of any other person or entity, or any breach of the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. Kitu Life reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
- Limitation of Liability and Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL KITU LIFE OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE KITU LIFE MATERIALS ON THE SERVICES, THE SERVICES THEMSELVES, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH KITU LIFE, EVEN IF KITU LIFE OR A KITU LIFE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, KITU LIFE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IN NO EVENT SHALL KITU LIFE’S OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO KITU LIFE IN THE MONTH IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENTS GIVING RISE TO THE APPLICABLE CLAIM.
THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED TO YOU BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN KITU LIFE AND RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES.
- Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 24 is referred to herein as the “Arbitration Agreement.” The parties that any and all controversies, claims, or disputes between you and Kitu Life arising out of, relating to, or resulting from this Agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether past, pre-existing, or future, and including statutory, consumer protection, common law, intentional tort, injunctive, and equitable claims), shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Arbitration Agreement, and not any court action (other than a small claims court action to the extent the claim qualifies). The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Class Action Waiver. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
- Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association's ("AAA") rules and procedures (the "AAA Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of this Agreement as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 23. You may visit http://www.adr.org or call 1-800-778-7879 for information on the AAA and http://www.adr.org/fileacase for information on how to file a claim against Kitu Life. Kitu Life agrees that it will pay a consumer’s filing fee FOR the arbitration.
- Venue. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Kitu Life may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on each party, but subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by either or both parties unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
- Governing Law. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Service users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving you to the extent required by applicable law.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the "Arbitration Fees") will be governed by the AAA's Rules. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
- Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 24.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 24.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of this Agreement will continue to apply.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- Jurisdiction. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Services that is not subject to arbitration under Section 24 shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in and for Santa Clara County, California and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
- Waiver. A provision of this Agreement may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the party entitled to the benefit of such provision. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Assignment. This Agreement and related Guidelines, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Kitu Life without restriction.
- Headings. The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of this Agreement, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- Entire Agreement. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement or Guidelines made by Kitu Life as set forth in Section 3 above.
- Claims. YOU AND KITU LIFE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
- Disclosures. The Site is operated by Kitu Life, Inc., located at Kitu Life, 1412 Broadway Fl 21, New York, NY 10018, email: family@KituLife.com. If you are a California resident, you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
- User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Kitu Life, Inc. and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
- Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, delivery and sale of coffee products. Messages may include checkout reminders.
- Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
- Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at email@example.com. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
- MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
- Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
- Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
- Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
- Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
11. Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in New York, NY before one arbitrator.
The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Kitu Life, Inc.’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration.
THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY VIA ARBITRATION AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Further, unless both parties agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
12. Florida Law: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
13. Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.